Thursday, February 11, 2010

8/5/09



Greetings Friends,

It has been a hectic summer for DJ FOODCOURT. In between DJ gigs in Helsinki and the Maldives, I managed to find time to help negotiate the release of our hostage journalists in North Korea, prove Barack Obamas birth certificate was legitimate, track and skin a baby bigfoot, and write a buch of new songs with John Mayer and James Blundt while hiking in Iran. It was while freebasing in Ibiza with Heidi Klum and her scarred husband who wrote that pretty song on the Batman soundtrack, that I launched my new clothing line "Phat and Phorty" that will debut in most Rochester Big and Talls this winter. My new record label IHATEMUSICANDMOSTYOUNGPEOPLE will release a series of limited edition reel to reel tapes in the fall consisting entirely of sounds that I have recorded with the Crips tribe of Los Angeles. All in all a very busy summer.

In celebration of my adoption of a retarded whale named Gary



I will be spinning records at the Make Out Room on Thursday August 6th beginning at 9pm. Joining me in my sonic celebration will be the lovely and talented DJ TOBY (KUSF) and the horrific and so-so DJ CVS. This will be an epic throwdown of aural delights that will make your free grilled cheese go down like a warm grilled sandwich made of cheese. There will be drink specials, and fingers crossed, people of color. Per usual, I will break down the third wall and actively converse with my fans. I am planning on wearing a new shirt and playing many new records. DJ Toby prefers that no eye contact be made during her set, and DJ CVS doesnt notice anyone but himself, so that is covered.

Admission is free. As are the hugs. Lets fucking do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment